Lil' Racer

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Random Thoughts

  • Due Dates don't mean diddly...As my doctor told me yesterday, he wished expectant mothers (and fathers) were never given a specific due date; rather, they should be told your baby's due sometime in August or sometime late summer. I can understand where he's coming from especially since NOTHING is happening "down there" for me. Put simply, my cervix is about as secure as Fort Knox right now, and I swear this child is getting higher, not lower. As Daddy says to my belly, "Brayden, come out, come out wherever you are...".


  • Earplugs should be worn at all times as soon as you find out you're pregnant...No, I don't mean your spouse should wear them to tune you out - pregnant women should be issued earplugs. EVERYONE has an opinion about your pregnancy. For example, yesterday at Target, the sales lady said to me, "Let me guess, you're due in about six weeks, right honey?" My response was, "Try six days." She then went on to dig her hole deeper and said, "By the way you're carrying it, it's gotta be a girl." Ummm...No....Two strikes, you're out. On to the next aisle.


  • Even nesting gets old after a while...That one drawer left to organize? It's done. I'm ready to take over my friends' houses for cleaning and organizing, just so I can pass the time in some sort of productive way. Kevin suggested reading, but my attention span is about two minutes, unless of course it's a pregnancy or breast feeding magazine or book (even those are getting repetitive).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home